Harrow Support Services
Harrow Stop Smoking help and support offer:
- One-to-one sessions with a trained Stop Smoking Advisor.
- The Advisor will distribute smoking cessation medications, such as Champix or nicotine replacement therapy, (NRT’s) – gum, patches, lozenges, sprays, inhalators, etc., available at prescription cost (or free if service users are exempt). Unfortunately, at present Champix (Varenicline) is not available due to a shortage.
- Support with setting a quit date and see the individual receiving support at agreed intervals for 12 weeks.
- Advice and information around health and wellbeing, signposting into other services and where relevant into the core Harrow Recovery Service.
- The Advisor can also measure the levels of carbon monoxide in a service users body using a carbon monoxide monitor. The monitor shows how CO levels drop to the same level as a non-smoker as they reduce and quit.
Who can access the service:
- Residents or people who work in the London Borough of Harrow.
- Individuals who disclose any level of smoking or using NRTs.
- Those with mental health issues, including substance misuse.
- Individuals with disabilities and long-term conditions.
- Individuals in routine and manual occupations (e.g., construction workers, HGV drivers, waitresses and cleaners).
- Any individual who lives and or works in Harrow.
- Service users who are engaged in drug and alcohol services who would like support to quit smoking.
- The service targets large employers within Harrow through targeted outreach to engage with the community, for example reaching out to Gym’s, as well as working alongside GP’s in the borough. In addition, the service has dedicated in-reach to hospitals, particularly targeting priority groups such as pregnant women and those with mental health issues.
Individuals can visit the smoking cessation service in person or contact the service by phone. Any professional, such as a housing support worker, social worker, GP or nurse, can also make the referral on an individual`s behalf using our Referral Form.
stop smoking london services
Call us to speak to a Stop Smoking London free helpline advisor who will help find the right support for you. We are open seven days a week at the following times:
Monday to Friday – 9am to 8pm
Saturday and Sunday – 11am – 4pmCall 0300 123 1044
Why not explore
There are lots of reasons to stop smoking And the benefits start sooner than you might think!
Need help with your quit smoking motivation?
Quit Smoking Motivation: A Guide for Londoners