8 weeks of free support with our stop smoking helpline
Call our free stop smoking helpline
You’re three times as likely to stop smoking successfully with support.
You can contact us through our stop smoking helpline to discuss your options – or we will just listen and encourage you to keep going.
What our 8 weeks of free telephone support includes
For Londoners we offer a free, dedicated phone programme to help you to quit for good.
All you need to do is call the helpline and ask for Stop Smoking London. Once signed up, you will be supported by a Stop Smoking London adviser who will call you during your quit journey, at a time that suits you best. This support is available for as long as you need it.
You can call us throughout your quit journey if you need help to stay on track.
To sign up call 03001231044.
What can you expect from the first call with us?
On your initial call we will find out more about you, explain the programme and together we will choose your official stop smoking date. We will call you on that day and again 24hrs later. After that, we’ll have a weekly telephone appointment with you.
- Pre-quit call – After this call you will feel prepared and will have chosen your quit date.
- The quit day – We will call you and make sure that you have everything you need and feel confident to continue.
- One day post quit – We will check in with you, find out how you are doing and help you to come up with ideas for dealing with any situations or temptations that have or might come up.
- Our next call will be one week after your quit date. This is where we are starting to build on those habits and new routines as well as using your clean source of nicotine, making sure you are using it often enough and enough of it.
- Two weeks’ post quit – We’ll mostly about looking at the new routines to fill the free time you now have as a non-smoker. We also want to make sure that you are not feeling over confident. It’s important to keep using your products for at least 12 weeks post-quit to avoid a lapse.
- Week 3 and 4 – are about building routines and dealing with any blips you have had or stressful events that are come up.
- The final step – is our 8 week post quit call. At this point most people are feeling much more positive in themselves and able to continue life as a non-smoker.